The Book

It is said Southern Women are Steel Magnolias, and that is often the case. I decided to write a book about the strongest Magnolia I knew, a true Magnolia grandiflora - my mother. Like anyone, there were many sides to her. She was extremely complicated, to say the least. Her lifetime was full of love and loss, joy and hardship, downfalls and redemption, relapse and recovery. But through it all, there were some things she never lost sight of: always mind your manners, pay your Junior League dues, and don't forget to polish the silver. And when it was all over, I learned she was even more complicated than I thought. I loved her so, but like so many of us, never told her enough.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Misc Chapter Titles

Other Chapters that can be found in the book include:

Heat, Cold, and Miracles
Hampton's Legion and a Houseboat
From the Bowels of Antique Stores

Hint, one of these chapters is about childhood trips to the beach, one involves a cannon, an Oldsmobile, and the Tennessee River, and the other is a question about space heaters. If nothing else, let's say the content is eclectic. But, then so was my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment