The Book

It is said Southern Women are Steel Magnolias, and that is often the case. I decided to write a book about the strongest Magnolia I knew, a true Magnolia grandiflora - my mother. Like anyone, there were many sides to her. She was extremely complicated, to say the least. Her lifetime was full of love and loss, joy and hardship, downfalls and redemption, relapse and recovery. But through it all, there were some things she never lost sight of: always mind your manners, pay your Junior League dues, and don't forget to polish the silver. And when it was all over, I learned she was even more complicated than I thought. I loved her so, but like so many of us, never told her enough.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Moving On Up

#5 on Amazon's Humor/Families and Parenting List, I may never see this height again but will bask while I am here.

Now I am at work on the hard copy which I hope to have out in several weeks. In the next 24 hours "Sterling Silver" will be removed from BN. No, I have nothing against the Nook. However, in order to keep this book in the rankings and not have it drop into Never Never Land (although it will not make me any money) I need to put it in the Kindle Select program. So if you check with Barnes and Noble and see it is no longer there, that is the reason.

In the mean time, the book is out in public and a lady called all a flutter that she had bought it and was so excited to get home and read it. I just did not have the heart to tell her that she may recognize one of the characters in it - her. I just hope she has a sense of humor.



No comments:

Post a Comment